We're looking for a top-notch, multi-faceted Front End Web Developer with experience in WordPress and PHP that has strong design sensibilities.
If you like working with the latest ideas and technology, then this is the role for you. We want talented innovators who always strive for greatness. You’re the right fit if you:
- Care deeply about the quality of your work and the experience you create for your teammates and clients
- Actively push yourself to learn new technologies so that you grow as an engineer and serve better
- Find great satisfaction in writing smart code that embodies PHP and WordPress coding standards and best practices
- Want to be surrounded by people who champion your work, support you in solving project challenges, recognize your successes, and celebrate them with you
- Like to hustle, we work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Have some design chops, and want to do more than push code
- You like to look at data and gleam insights about what make a page work and a funnel convert to create better online car shopping experiences
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong back-end WordPress development background; experience with PHP and creating custom plug-ins and responsive themes from scratch
- Working knowledge of WordPress topics and tools: Internationalization, plug-in development, creating custom taxonomies, caching, admin UI customization, WP CLI, PHPUnit, WordPress Unit Tests
- You know Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience building features with content managers and dashboard integration in mind
- Experience with WordPress Multisite Network and Wordpress Security
- Experience working with APIs and in the development of APIs
- Experience building sites that meet web accessibility standards
Required Education & Experience:
- 1 year related experience in WordPress Web Development
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Position is located in Edmonton, AB
- Job Type: full-time with benefits
Go Auto is Canada’s largest automotive group with over 35 locations in Canada and over 2000 employees. Our track record of long-term staff retention is a testament to the way we do business and the value that we place upon the contributions of each employee.
In addition to a fast-paced, exciting environment with opportunities for career and personal growth, we offer excellent pay plans, benefits packages that will blow your mind, professional training and development, and advancement opportunities throughout our dealer group.
Ready to join us?
Please Include links to public examples of previous work (websites, personal sites, libraries, plugins, github account, etc…) with your online application.
What We Offer
- 3 weeks of vacation to start (then an additional week after 5 and 10 years with Go Auto)
- Comprehensive health care and dental (80% - 100%) benefits, plus a health spending account
- Free gym membership
- Daily hot lunch program
- Employee investment program that guarantees a 10% return every year
- Employee pricing on all Go Auto vehicles and between 15-30% savings on car insurance
- Upward mobility, thanks to more than 40 organizations across the Go Auto group—jobs available at every level, all the time
- The job you’ve been looking for!
We’re excited to meet you! Come show us what you can do.
If you’d love to become a part of the Go Auto family, apply online today at GoAuto.ca!