Go Auto is looking to expand their corporate team with an experienced Lawyer. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for providing general counsel on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and Human Resources.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance as well as prepare, examine, and negotiate contracts for a wide range of commercial transactions, including acquisitions, mergers and divestitures, customer agreements, technology license agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements.
- Interpret and apply legal requirements to the business, in particular, laws, regulations and rules relating to business activities as well as implementation of policies, training, or other processes.
- Manage and participate in litigation processes as needed.
- Coordinate with outside on litigation and specialized issues as required.
- Provide counsel to Human Resources Department on employee-related legal matters.
- Provide support to management and advise locations on issues related to contract interpretation, compliance, privacy, IP licensing and potential disputes.
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve contract processes as well as implementation and adherence to best practices.
- Periodically and proactively assess legal and compliance risk exposures for the business and develop risk mitigation initiatives including procedures, policies, and forms development.
- Support and interact with business leaders on M&A, partnerships and special projects, including coordinating and undertaking due diligence.
- Assist with entity maintenance requirements for our subsidiaries.
- Address potential disputes or claims and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Research legal issues related the Company’s business units.
- LLB or Juris Doctor or equivalent from a recognized university.
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta.
- 7-10 years of applicable, recent continuous legal experience post call to the Alberta Bar.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly digest complex information and make good, informed decisions.
- Must be self-motivated and high energy, as well as able to collaborate with business teams.
- Competency with common technology, including Outlook, Word, Excel and CRM systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to negotiate contracts successfully.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, lean and open office environment
- Experience with equity compensation or financial counsel services considered a plus
- Experience with data privacy principles is important
If this sounds like you, please apply directly to this posting.
About Go Auto
The largest automotive network in Western Canada, Go Auto is comprised of more than 40 locations across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Northwest Territories. With an inventory of more than 10,000 new and used cars, trucks, and SUVs, Go Auto is an industry leader in sales, service, financing, insurance, and collision repair, and represents 20 new vehicle brands: Ford, Lincoln, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Fiat, Volkswagen, Infiniti, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Porsche.
Our 30-Day Exchange Privilege, Loyalty Rewards Program, Guaranteed Price Policy, and large-scale purchasing power are just a few of the reasons why we are recognized as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. Visit GoAuto.ca to find out more.