Front End Developer
Go Auto is looking for a new team member who will bring their front-end development expertise to a team that is focused on perfecting user experience and shaping our next generation of online applications. You will work with our development team creating responsive, modern, usable interfaces for a variety of projects covering in-house web applications and public-facing websites. The desired candidate will be energetic, possess a strong set of skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 3+ years with front-end development
- Mobile/responsive web application development experience.
- Experience working closely with designers and a passion for UI, including knowledge of user interface design principles and good practices to create user oriented accessible websites.
- Ability to interpret and translate sketches or mock-ups and turn them into working UI.
- Experience using GitHub for version control and JIRA/Trello for issue tracking.
- Experience working with internal and third party RESTful API’s
- Strong organization skills with the ability to set priorities, follow-up, and meet deadlines.
- Team player who thrives on solving interesting problems with creative solutions
- You keep up with the latest tools and technologies, and are constantly learning new things, improving your skill set and refining your craft.
- Experience with web development in Python using a framework like Flask.
- Experience with Docker for development
Go Auto offers the best benefits in the industry
- You’ll have three weeks of vacation after your first year! After five years of service, you get four weeks. After ten years, you’ll get FIVE weeks of vacation.
- A comprehensive health care, dental (80% - 100%), and health spending accounts.
- A free gym membership
- An employee investment program that guarantees you a 10% return every year.
- We have a fun, but work in a professional environment.
- With over 40 dealerships in the Go Auto group, with jobs available at every level, there is opportunity to grow!
Go Auto is expanding quickly across Western Canada, and we’re well on our way to becoming the #1 automotive group in the country. Our track record of long-term staff retention is a testament to the way we do business and the value that we place upon the contributions of each employee. In addition to a fast-paced, exciting environment with opportunities for career and personal growth, we offer excellent pay plans, benefit packages, and advancement opportunities throughout our dealer group.
Ready to Join Us?
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application. Include links to public examples of previous work (websites, personal sites, GitHub account).