Go Auto – Western Canada’s #1 Auto Dealership Group – is on the hunt for its next Senior Financial Analyst for their team at Go Finance!
As the Senior Financial Analyst for Go Auto, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day financial reporting requirements of the organization. This includes preparation and completion of the monthly lenders requirements for Go Auto, as well as the preparation and completion of the Quarterly Consolidations and MD&A’s. This role would include being the project lead with Go Auto’s external accountants and would also be responsible for completion of month end packages for selected Corporate companies.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the continued growth and expansion of this organization by way of producing efficient and reliable financial information and the interpretation of financial results. Together with the Financial Reporting Manager and the Director, Accounting and Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will provide commentary of financial results to the Executive team.
Do you feel you are ready for the next step in your career?
The position will include the following responsibilities:
Completing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, ensuring they are prepared in a timely fashion and accurately represent the financial position of the company and its operations;
Completing the monthly, quarterly, and annual lender reporting packages, ensuring they are prepared in a timely fashion and accurately represent the financial position of the company and its operations;
Providing finance support to the operational controllers and the Executive team;
Coordinating with the organization’s external accounting firm to facilitate a smooth and cost efficient year-end process;
Assisting with the integration activities of new mergers and acquisitions;
Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards (ASPE), audits, and quality assurance;
Reviewing and enhancing financial policies to support corporate and industry best practices;
Assist with the implementation of new financial reporting software;
Assist with the day to day treasury functions of the organization;
Communicate with Canada Revenue Agency and coordinating requests as required;
Complete the month end working papers for selected corporate companies;
Supporting a shared vision and action where all members of the team have a sense of ownership and mission aligned to overall organizational goals;
Contributing to the change management initiatives that would enhance decision making, continue to ensure appropriate financial controls and improve efficiency of gathering, reporting, and analyzing financial information within the organization; and
- Coaching, mentoring, guiding, and developing junior finance staff and operations controllers.
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal individual will possess a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Accounting, Finance, or with a Professional Accounting Designation.
Minimum of five years post qualification experience within finance and accounting;
Hands-on experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and working papers, including concise MD&A, KPI, cash flow, and variance analysis, with a strong familiarity with ASPE;
- Hands-on experience preparing short and long-term budgets and forecasts, financial models and cash flow forecasts;
- Familiarity with corporate tax is desirable;
- Success mentoring and coaching a diverse team of finance and accounting staff towards a shared vision of accountability;
- Leadership experience within an organization experiencing dramatic growth would be welcomed;
- A strong ability to understand a large company’s audit and reporting deadlines;
- Significant experience with Excel and CaseWare; and
- Exceptional understanding of controls and procedures within a complex organization.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Exceptional work ethic with the ability to think, plan, and do; a propensity to “roll up your sleeves”, when needed;
- A broad understanding of key business drivers and fundamentals with a track record of delivering results and enhancing company value;
- A self-starting, confident professional who embraces accountability, structure, facilitates high performance, and incites enthusiasm;
- Demonstrates ability to coach, mentor, and consistently develop high performance teams and encouraging others to share in the organization’s vision of excellence;
- Detail orientated, with an ability to move at a fast pace, a mid to high level of sociability with an ability to be assertive;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- A strong understanding of the opportunities to drive organizational efficiency through the collection of data;
- Excellent personal and professional ability to prepare, present, participate in, and facilitate group meetings and business presentations;
- Exceptional organizational abilities, sound judgment, common sense, and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Ability and desire to work within a high pressure atmosphere.
What Go Auto brings to the table:
- You’ll have three weeks of accrued vacation your first year! After five years of service, you get four weeks. After ten years, you’ll get FIVE weeks of vacation.
- A comprehensive health care, dental (80% - 100%), and health spending accounts.
- A free gym membership.
- An employee investment program that guarantees you a 10% return every year (a max of 25%)
- We have our very own Go Auto University, which provides the best in-house training an empire can buy.
- We have a fun, but professional environment. We know how to get down to brass tacks, but we’re constantly having barbecues and corporate challenges and going to Oilers games and shooting off fireworks. (Wait, did I say that last one out loud?)
- With over 40 dealerships in the Go Auto group, with jobs available at every level, you’re opportunity to grow has never been better.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
If you’d love to become a part of the Go Auto family, apply online today at GoAuto.ca!
Please check out our new Facebook Careers Page to stay up to date on all new jobs and fun events happening at Go Auto!
About Go Auto
The largest automotive network in Western Canada, Go Auto is comprised of more than 40 locations across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Northwest Territories. With an inventory of more than 10,000 new and used cars, trucks, and SUVs, Go Auto is an industry leader in sales, service, financing, insurance, and collision repair, and represents 20 new vehicle brands: Ford, Lincoln, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Fiat, Volkswagen, Infiniti, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Porsche.
Our 30-Day Exchange Privilege, Loyalty Rewards Program, Guaranteed Price Policy, and large-scale purchasing power are just a few of the reasons why we are recognized as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. Visit GoAuto.ca to find out more.