Go Auto – Western Canada’s #1 Auto Dealership Group – is on the hunt for an Information Technology Project Coordinator
Are you looking for a full-time career with flexible hours and the opportunity to work and grow alongside some of the top Information Technology pros in the west? Can you take the geek speak down a notch and communicate in business terms? Do you thrive in fast paced growing environment?
If so, then you’re the perfect person to join the Go Auto family, and we’d love to have you join our Information Technology department!
The Information Technology Project Coordinator coordinates and manages project resources on a daily basis as it relates to the Go Auto Information Technology (GAIT) department. This person will act as a liaison between GAIT and Go Auto business unit leaders ensuring requirements, expectations and communication are clearly understood. Your main responsibilities include coordinating Go Auto’s acquisition activities and internal business technology projects.
As our Information Technology Coordinator you will:
- Manage the flow of a project, or multiple projects simultaneously, from beginning to end.
- Motivate team members to complete projects accurately and by deadlines, while reassigning aspects of projects to others when necessary.
- Maintain project documentation, provide status reporting to all team members and key stakeholders.
- Have a good working knowledge of all aspects of IT Infrastructure (Network, Server, Telephony, Storage, etc.)
- Recommend information technology strategies and procedures by evaluating project outcomes; identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Develop and maintain project budgets to ensure we are spending money appropriately.
- Uphold any confidential information that you may be privy to as it relates to your role. Loose lips need not apply.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in planning (strategic and tactical).
- Review and update existing Merger & Acquisition (M&A) process to ensure maximum efficiency for related activities.
- Responsible for change management activities, including reviewing deployment and test plans as well as confirming approvals and coordinating changes with the business stakeholders.
- Work effectively as a team player, celebrate successes and give high fives when appropriate.
- Provide project guidance and mentoring to other team members.
- Establish a good working relationship with business unit leaders to ensure that issues are escalated in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Represent the company in a professional manner with customers, consultants, contractors and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
As an Information Technology Coordinator, you must have:
- A College or university degree in a related IT field is recommended, but not mandatory.
- 2+ years of prior project coordinator experience within the Automotive or IT industry, preferably with past experience on mergers and acquisitions.
- Highly skilled with knowledge in a variety of technologies; Windows 7\10, Microsoft Office (O365, Project, Visio), Cisco, VMWare and Cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (we place a high value on being personable and happy to help).
- A proven ability to deliver against scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, organizational and decision making skills.
- The drive for efficiency at all levels.
- The knack to thrive in a fast-paced environment while being extremely self-disciplined.
- A great attitude and the ability to have fun!
Go Auto offers the best benefits in the industry
- You’ll have three weeks of vacation after your first year! After five years of service, you get four weeks. After ten years, you’ll get FIVE weeks of vacation.
- A comprehensive health care, dental (80% - 100%), and health spending accounts.
- A free gym membership.
- An employee investment program that guarantees you a minimum 10% return every year.
- With over 40 dealerships in the Go Auto group, with jobs available at every level, your opportunity to grow has never been better.
- This is not a 9 to 5 job. Hours are flexible, but can be long days from time to time.
- Some out of town travel is required.
- You need a driver’s license for this position.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
If you’d love to become a part of the Go Auto family, apply online today at GoAuto.ca!
About Go Auto
The largest automotive network in Western Canada, Go Auto is comprised of more than 40 locations across Alberta, BC, Ontario, and the Northwest Territories. With an inventory of more than 10,000 new and used cars, trucks, and SUVs, Go Auto is an industry leader in sales, service, financing, insurance, and collision repair, and represents 20 new vehicle brands: Ford, Lincoln, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Fiat, Volkswagen, Infiniti, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Porsche.
Our 30-Day Exchange Privilege, Loyalty Rewards Program, Guaranteed Price Policy, and large-scale purchasing power are just a few of the reasons why we are recognized as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. Visit GoAuto.ca to find out more.