We're looking for a new Database Administrator with a flair for software development!
We’re building a brand new data warehouse and we need someone to do the heavy lifting. In building out our Business Intelligence function, we’re moving to a seamless cloud-based, reporting environment. If you know SQL inside out and you’re keen on working with the nicest automotive dataset in Canada, this is a perfect role for you. Together with a team, you’ll be building the infrastructure to support executive dashboards and operational reporting.
You’re the right fit if you:
- Love taking on tough problems and coming up with creative solutions
- Aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and to roll up your sleeves
- Work well as part of team, and are willing to do what it takes to help the team win
- Are a fast learner. The business and the technology both have steep learning curves.
- Want to grow with us, and help bring your expertise to have a meaningful impact on business performance
- Will always choose to do the right thing and make sure your customers leave happy
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Write bullet-proof SQL and have a working knowledge of other programming languages
- Strong familiarity with SQL server, understanding of Amazon RDS, Redshift, MongoDB, among others
- Experience with PowerBI, PowerPivot, Report Builder and/or SQL Reporting Services
- Understanding of database performance tuning strategies and goals
- Working knowledge of data warehouse architecture
- Interest in business intelligence, machine learning, data visualization
- And you score extra points if you know how to program in Python
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Position is located in Edmonton, AB
- Job Type: full-time with benefits
Go Auto is one of Canada’s largest automotive groups with over 35 locations in Canada and over 2000 employees. We are innovators in the automotive industry. In addition to a fast-paced, exciting environment with opportunities for career and personal growth, we offer excellent pay plans, benefits packages that will blow your mind, professional training and development, and advancement opportunities throughout our dealer group.
Go Auto offers the best benefits in the industry
- You’ll have three weeks of vacation your first year! After five years of service, you get four weeks. After ten years, you’ll get FIVE weeks of vacation.
- Comprehensive health care, dental (80% - 100%), and health spending accounts.
- A free gym membership
- An employee investment program that guarantees you a 10% return every year (a max of 25%)
- We have our very own Go Auto University, which provides the best in-house training an empire can buy.
- With over 40 dealerships in the Go Auto group, with jobs available at every level, your opportunity to grow has never been better.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!